Applied Behavior Analyst Opening in Mehoopany, PA
ProCare Therapy is working with a school district that is located in Mehoopany, PA that is looking to hire a passionate applied behavior analyst to join their team for the 2023-2024 school year!
With students’ needs becoming increasingly individualized, the demand for school professionals is at an all-time high. And the demands placed on school professionals are also greater than ever.
The right connection between a school professional and a student can give that child more confidence, strength and courage than they ever imagined. Let’s work together today to make those connections!
Job Summary: A school-based Applied Behavior Analyst works with students, typically those with autism or other developmental disorders, to assess their behavior and design and implement interventions to improve their behavior and learning outcomes.
Job Type: Contract ABA
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- K-12th grade caseloads available
- 1:1 and small group settings
- 40 hour RBT course
- Caseload will be assigned based on experience and preference
- More details of position will be discussed on an interview with the Director of Special Education
- Pay: $22+
Assessment: Conduct comprehensive assessments to evaluate the individual's behavior, skills, and functional deficits. This may involve direct observation, interviews, and reviewing relevant records.
Behavior Analysis: Utilize the principles of behavior analysis to identify the underlying causes of challenging behaviors, such as aggression, self-injury, or communication deficits.
Individualized Treatment Plans: Develop individualized behavior intervention plans (BIPs) based on assessment results. These plans outline specific goals, strategies, and interventions to address targeted behaviors.
Data Collection: Implement data collection systems to track progress and measure the effectiveness of interventions. Analyze data to make informed decisions and adjust treatment plans as needed.
Intervention Implementation: Provide direct one-on-one or group therapy sessions to teach new skills and reduce problematic behaviors. Use positive reinforcement and evidence-based techniques to promote desired behaviors.
Training and Support: Collaborate with caregivers, teachers, and other professionals to train them in ABA techniques, ensuring consistency across environments and individuals' support networks.
Regular Progress Monitoring: Continuously assess progress and make necessary adjustments to intervention plans. Share progress reports with relevant stakeholders.
Ethical Standards: Adhere to the ethical guidelines and professional standards set forth by relevant organizations, such as the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
Documentation: Maintain detailed and accurate records of assessments, interventions, and progress reports. Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Research and Professional Development: Stay updated on the latest research and best practices in ABA. Pursue continuing education and professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Must have or willing to get Pennsylvania clearances
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, education, or a related field (Master's degree is often preferred).
- Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) is typically required.
- Experience working with individuals with autism or developmental disabilities is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine interest in helping individuals with special needs.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Competitive compensation
- Weekly pay
- 401k matching
- Insurance through United Health Care: Medical, dental and vision
- Reimbursement for continuing education
- Relocation assistance
- 10 –15 minute screening call with a ProCare Therapy Recruiter
- 20-30 Minute virtual interview directly with the school district
- Offer is typically within 24-48 hours of the virtual interview
The district is looking to hire for the 2022-2023 school year! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
If you have additional questions, my contact information can be found below.Sarah Hawes Senior Director of Educational Resources ProCare Therapy | www.procaretherapy.com 300 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339 O 678-710-7738
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent School Psychologist Jobs
- Philadelphia, PA
- Scranton, PA
- Pottstown, PA
- New Brighton, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburg, PA
- Phoenixville, PA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SchoolPsychJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next school psychologist job.