Full Time School Psychologist (Psych) Contract Job | San Diego, CA
Now Interviewing Qualified School Psychologist for an Elementary School Opening
At ProCare, our mission is to encourage each child to confidently and proudly achieve his or her full potential. We are currently interviewing School Psychologists to join our team in San Diego, California. The ideal candidate will be work well with a team and have a passion for helping the students. This is a full time opportunity working with students of all ages for the full school year. Currently we can only consider onsite candidates for this position, but don't hesistate to reach out if you're interested in remote opportunites.
- Master's Degree or Higher in School Psychology is Required
- California School Psychologist License is Required
- Experience providing psychological assessment and counseling to students.
- Good working knowledge of mental health and the treatment of affective and behavioral disorders.
School psychologists design and implement interventions for a wide spectrum of difficulties children may face, for example, performance anxiety, learning difficulties, or anger management issues. Emphasizing on students’ personal and social strengths, they encourage wellbeing and a healthier mindset. In collaboration with educational staff, they create and implement prevention programs to tackle common school problems, such as dropping out and bullying.
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contracted School Psychologists shall demonstrate behavior in accordance with the code of conduct and ethical guidelines set by the District. Professional conduct at District sites shall encompass dress attire, conversation and personal interaction that is appropriate when in the presence of school-aged children, adolescents and young adults, and is cognizant of the variable range of cultural, social and family morals.
- Contracted School Psychologists are qualified to provide school psychological services to children with identified or suspected disabilities and perform duties designated by the District to include, but not limited to, assessment, consultation, collaboration, intervention services and providing documentation as directed by the District.
- Contracted School Psychologists will provide a range of school psychological services including assessment, consultation, collaborative problem-solving, student intervention and progress monitoring according to evidence-based "Best Practices" as reviewed and established by the School Psychology unit, and its professional development guidelines.
- Contracted School Psychologists will provide services to District students with special needs in accordance with their Individual Educational Programs (IEP) and California Education Code section 56363 and 56365. Failure to provide School Psychological services and documentation shall be made up at Consultant/Professional's expense.
- Contracted School Psychologists will participate as a member of a multi or trans-disciplinary team at assigned school sites and demonstrate responsive and flexible inter-personal and communication skills with parents, students, teachers, administrators and support staff.
- Contracted School Psychologists will engage in assessment activities for District students who are thought of possessing a disability or require special education services under State and Federal laws.
- Contracted School Psychologists will participate in training, and conduct assessment for identification of students for Gifted and Talented programs if serving elementary school(s) where the District employee is on a Leave of Absence (LOA), and if school psychologists are assigned the duty to assess for GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) identification.
- Special Education assessments shall be documented in a report and format directed by the District. Reports shall contain the requirements of a written "Assessment Report" in accordance with California Education Code, Part 30, and Section 56327 and shall be completed within the timelines in accordance with California Education Code, Part 30, and Section 56341.5.
- Contracted School Psychologists will attend and or participate in all required or mandatory meetings, conferences or new staff orientation at the request of the District. Contracted School Psychologists who attend "non-mandatory'' meetings or conferences/trainings without prior approval from the District Contract Representative will not be paid for attendance as part of their "services" for that time. Consideration for participation in new staff orientation shall be based on the abilities and experience of the School Psychologist.
- Contracted School Psychologists will document, log, and report on a daily basis all operational and service-related activities such as, but not limited to intervention plans, Medi-Cal related assessments, consultations, student interventions, progress reports, communications, attendance logs and data collection. All student interventions and assessments must be logged in appropriate District documentation databases by the end of each work week.
Benefits of Working with ProCare Therapy :
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Full PDF of benefits guide available on request
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Pay will be discussed on the first phone call and is negotiable based on experience and interview quality.
- Travel Assistance for those who qualify
- Must live or have a residence at least 45 miles away from school to qualify. Please don't hesitate to ask Ross Mathews if you have any questions about travel assistance.
Please contact Ross Mathews if you are interested in this opening or if you like to know about openings in other areas.
Senior Director of Educational Resources
Recent School Psychologist Jobs
- Huntersville, NC
- Davidson, NC
- Camarillo , CA
- Locust, NC
- Monroe, NC
- Gastonia , NC
- Midland, NC
- Kings Mountain, NC
- Malibu , CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SchoolPsychJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next school psychologist job.