Great School Psychologist Opportunity! Decatur, AL area
Director is now interviewing!
A school district in the Decatur, Alabama area is looking for a full-time school psychologist. Previous experience in schools working with emotional disabilities is preferred.
- Caseload: K-12th
- Virtual interview process.
- Administers to students, on an individual basis, intelligence tests, achievement tests, tests to measure perceptual and motor development, and functional behavior assessments.
- Evaluates and interprets all testing and makes recommendations for school and class placement for the appropriate special education program.
- Interprets test findings to parents as requested; counsels with parents regarding student's potential and achievement level; recommends to parents ways of helping student or recommends sources from which they may seek further counseling.
- Confers with teacher, administrators, and other professional staff on findings of individual tests and help them in their efforts to better understand and place each student.
- Consults with other agencies, both public and private, regarding individual cases.
- Consults with psychologists, psychiatrists, and physician for the purpose of correlating all available information regarding individual cases.
- Write complete reports on each student tested and files with test record.
- Write behavioral intervention plans as needed.
- Engages in personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership.
- Adheres to school system rules, administrative procedures, and local board policy, and state and federal rules and regulations.
- Keeps informed regarding research in psychological and educational testing practices in the area of testing construction, test administration, and test results evaluation.
- Reviews all components of IEPs at school campuses with special education teachers and administrators.
- Compiles eligibility and IEP data for appropriate service delivery.
- Consult with SST teams, ISS staff, system Alternative Schools, and teachers of special needs and regular education students with severe behavior problems.
- Conduct teacher training on classroom management and social skills instruction for regular education/special education teachers, ISS Staff and Alternative School Staff.
- Conduct parent training for guidance on dealing with students who exhibit challenging behavior in the home as well as in the school setting.
- Assist administrators with being proactive in decreasing the number of school incidents assigned to ISS and Alternative School.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment as may be assigned.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage available
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly Direct Deposit
For more information, apply below or call/email Joe at 678-497-4757 / for immediate consideration.
Recent School Psychologist Jobs
- Burrillville, RI
- Springfield, OH
- Ormond Beach, FL
- Wrightsville, PA
- Vacaville, CA
- Columbia , SC
- Tacoma, WA
- Easton, PA
- Kirkland, WA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SchoolPsychJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next school psychologist job.