Norwich, CT: School Psychologist
Soliant has partnered with a school near Norwich, CT to place a School Psychologist for the school year. Both full- and part-time (minimum 3 days per week) applicants are welcome.
We seek certified school psychologists who can evaluate students in the following areas: cognitive skills, behavior, autism, and Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA).
- Proficiency in psychological evaluations and assessments
- Ability to deliver psychology services in a comprehensive delivery model
- Knowledge of Special Education service delivery
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Building assignments are being finalized; applicants will be assigned to two buildings that are close together so that travel between buildings is manageable.
Applicant responsibilities will span the following areas.
- Evaluate student progress regularly and utilize data to make instructional programs and services more effective.
- Consult on modifications required for special education students in the regular classroom.
- Assist teachers in designing learning experiences for students.
- Write behavior intervention plans and individual education plans.
- Convey the philosophy and rationale for special education services to campus level staff through in-service, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Develop school guidelines for student conduct and communicate said guidelines to students, staff, and parents.
- Determine appropriate interventions to deal with problem situations (behavioral/emotional) in the academic environment and evaluate the effectiveness of these interventions.
- Promote a collaborative school environment by working with faculty and encouraging student/parent input
- Conduct evaluations of students who demonstrate severe behavioral needs to determine appropriate programming/placement.
- Recommend behavioral management techniques or strategies for working with a student with behavioral needs.
- Ensure open communication channels between students, their caregivers, and all staff members
We seek applicants who are flexible, accountable, and have great communication skills. Additional information about the caseload and district will be shared during an interview with administrators.
Start your application by using the button below, or e-mailing a resume highlighting your relevant experience to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774
Recent School Psychologist Jobs
- Mesa, AZ
- Bloomfield , CT
- Chicago Heights, IL
- Dover, DE
- Buckley, WA
- Naperville, IL
- Antioch, CA
- Concord, CA
- Monticello, GA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SchoolPsychJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next school psychologist job.